Subject: [boost] [property-map] Generalizing identity_property_map for arbitrary types
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 16:24:08

Hi,

I've found the property map library to be very useful and would like
to propose a minor enhancement to permit the identity_property_map to
work for arbitrary types. The reason for this is that some
computationally intensive algorithms suffer noticeable performance
degradation when I convert them to generic algorithms using property
maps. Having a typed identity property map that returns, for example,
the double passed into it significantly speeds up our algorithms, at
least for those fields that are not mutable.

I've attached a patch, and could supply a motivating example, if
anyone is interested.

-- Noel