Subject: Re: [boost] ACID transactions/flushing/MySQL InnoDB
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-12 12:03:03

Am Saturday 12 December 2009 16:47:58 schrieb Dean Michael Berris:

> I see. Do you have a separate index mechanism?

no log index.
the log is rolled when it reaches a certain size, so it can be read as a whole
sequentially on restart.

> then putting it
> in the beginning allows you to re-use the area after that entry

the data needs to be flushed asap as the user thread is waiting for its
recorded commit, which is part of that data.
so reusing that area is not an option, unless you want to seek(). (you don't.)

> > you could only avoid some syncs when 2 or more independent transactions
> > run concurrently and they both need to sync, those could be combined. but
> > that's not my focus right now.
>
> Alright. Thanks for indulging me and my suggestions. :)

you are very welcome, you're just thinking 5 steps ahead.
if it's not improving performance by 400%, like this case did, it has to wait
among the > 100 other optimization TODOs.