Subject: [boost] [fiber] new version 0.3.0 with future and fiber-migration
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-12 18:56:57
I've uploaded boost.fiber 0.3.0 - it supports future/packaged_task
(adapted from Anthony), migrating fiber between schedulers (event
running in different threads) and sync. primitives like barrier etc.
The spiining sync. objects can be used for snyc. fibers running in
different schedulers (running in different threads).
Please see examples: ping_pong_mt, migrate_mt, future_mt and barrier_mt
- support of barrier (more efficient in on scheduler) and spin::barrier
(sync .between threads possible)
- support of future and packaged_task (example future_mt)
- explicit migration of fibers between two schedulers
(even if schedulers are in different threads - see example migrate_mt)
- locks replaced by locks implementation from boost.thread
- introduction of spin::mutex, spin::condition, spin::auto_reset_event, ...
(can be used to sync fibers between threads see ping_pong_mt example)
- introduction of mutex, condition, auto_reset_event, ...
(objects bounded to one scheduler, but more efficient than spin
- refactoring of internal classes
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk