Subject: Re: [boost] [svn] merge to release HOWTO?
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-14 04:41:13

2009/12/14 Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>:

> The problem, as I see it, is that many files (and probably some directories
> too) have acquired a svn:mergeinfo property without really needing one, and
> things seem to get worse with time. FWIW, I only ever merge at the root. :-)

I used to always merge at root, but I've given up on that since the
root merge information isn't very useful. It seems to me that the most
practical solution is to track merges on subdirectories. Then everyone
can use whatever method they prefer. That leaves the files in the
parent directories (root, boost, libs etc.), which just have to be
manually managed. This pretty much requires that top level headers are
just includes for a header in the appropriate subdirectory.

Daniel