Subject: [boost] Performance problem with boost thread
From: ellan (lihongxue76_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-14 11:19:51

My code is in C++; I am using thread_group directly. The thread group call a
function member of the same class. In side this function member I called
another class's function member to finish the task.

The task is completely "embarrassingly parallel", thus I expect it scale
very well. But it didn't, the performance of my code I describe above is
even worse than when I use boost thread to call a executable instead of the
function member of the same class. I don't understand what's going on.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!!!