Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] - release schedule
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 15:29:14

2009/12/15 Andy Tompkins <atompkins_at_[hidden]>:

> I did have endian issues as well as sizeof(wchar_t) issues.  I checked
> in a fix (revision 58262) for this.  The regression test details for
> 'Sandia-tiger-
> ppc' (http://tinyurl.com/ydtff27) are not helpful.  So, what revision
> did you run yours with.

I'm not sure. But I just reran the test and it passed, so I probably
forgot to update it. The Sandia powerpc test failure is probably
because the test times out, it takes 20 minutes on 1.9 GHZ G5.

I've had a look at you documentation, and I've attached some markup
changes. This is mainly cleaning it up so that it'll work better with
our tools. I also added a border round the 'pre' blocks, which I find
makes it a lot easier to read. It wasn't clear where the code started
and ended.

I found the order of the documentation a bit odd. The rationale sits
oddly between the synopsis and interface sections. It also reads to me
like it should be in the introduction at the start as it provides a
nice motivation for the library.

And generally we put the documentation for the members of a header
next to the synopsis of that header. So I'd structure the reference
something like this:

Reference
  boost/uuid/uuid.hpp
    synopsis