Subject: Re: [boost] [TypeTraits] is it possible to add something to boost.type_traits?
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-17 06:12:20

Frédéric Bron wrote:

>> The operators which can be user-defined as specified in the C++ standard.
>> These are given in 13.5 1, as:
>>
>> new delete new[] delete[]
>> + - * / % ˆ & | ˜
>> ! = < > += -= *= /= %=
>> ˆ= &= |= << >> >>= <<= == !=
>> <= >= && || ++ -- , ->* ->
>> () []
>
> I will stick to binary operators. Thus I leave the others to somebody
> else because I have been working on it for quite a long time now and
> would really like to see it in boost soon. Each time a feature is
> added, it takes very long to make everybody agree on the details which
> is very good because the resulting code is very high quality then.
> Also I have not enough time at the moment (and probably up to March
> 2010) as I am working on a large time consuming musical score project.
> Therefore if you want to start some work on unary operators, please
> feel free to do it.
> Cheers,
> Frédéric

Hi,

I don't know if you know the Concept Traits library
(https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesUnderConstruction#Boost.ConceptTraits).
This library defines operators traits for all the C++ operators.

I don't know how your proposal is better then this library (aside this
library is abandoned).

HTH,
Vicente