Subject: Re: [boost] [graph-parallel] bcp update, was: The boost component dependencies blues
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-17 07:08:49

> There a bunch of other Boost.Graph files that include things from
> boost/graph/parallel which uses Boost.MPI. This was done to allow more
> transparent use of parallel graph data structures and algorithms, just by
> including <boost/graph/use_mpi.hpp>.

Where is this documented?

* On a related note: the parallel graph lib does not appear in the library
list at http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0.
* libs/graph-parallel/index.html is broken (points to the wrong location).
* I'm having trouble understanding how the infrastructure of the library
works from browsing the docs... can't find any mention of
boost/graph/use_mpi.hpp, or even any complete examples for that matter.

IMO it's desirable to break this dependency if possible, but I can't make
any suggestions without understanding what's going on ;-)

Cheers, John.