Subject: Re: [boost] [optional] Strict Aliasing Warnings on Trunk
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-18 16:11:16

Peter Dimov wrote:

> This is, by the way, what optional does. Apparently, it isn't enough
> to avoid the warning.
And it's really frustrating too. I use optional from the trunk for
simple things in a small test program, and get no warnings at all even
in programs where I do stupid programming tricks to get gcc to winge
about strict aliasing on other lines so that I know I have the compile
options right. I can't get gcc to complain about optional in my program
at all, even trying different values of -Wstrict-aliasing, but building
boost-trunk I see it.

Patrick