Subject: [boost] [test] trunk breakage
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-27 05:58:18

I went to check the current state of Boost.UUID test results on trunk, and found
many tests failing. Here's a typical issue:

        http://tinyurl.com/y8c9w39

This looks like Boost.Test problem. The testrun is for revision 58533, while last change in boost/test is:

        r58526 | rogeeff | 2009-12-25 12:20:28 +0300 (Fri, 25 Dec 2009) | 1 line
        in preparation of production use of test tools

So, it seems the test run corresponds to the current state of Boost.Test, and that
state is a bit broken. In fact, it looks like a *lot* of tests are failing on trunk,
and every test that uses Boost.Test is affected. Boost.Test itself appears to fail
to build in may configurations:

        http://tinyurl.com/ybfkeb2

Gennadiy, I realize this might be a Christmas/New Year break, but at the same time
we have a "major code changes" deadline on Jan 4th, and such interruption of test
reporting make things hard. Is there any chance you could investigate? If this issue cannot
be sorted out quickly, we might have to revert the commit for now.

Thanks,
Volodya