Subject: Re: [boost] Major code changes deadline approaching
From: Steve M. Robbins (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-27 18:42:09

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 08:35:39PM +0100, Stefan Strasser wrote:
> Am Sunday 27 December 2009 22:16:00 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> > > I'd just like to point out that we have
> > > 28 open tickets marked as
> > > "Showstoppers": https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/29
> >
> > Well, given that half of them is more than 6 months old, they cannot be all
> > true show stoppers. Unfortunately, the severity of the issue typically
> > represents submitter opinion, and not maintainer position about priority of
> > a fix.

I'm sure Boost authors are allowed to change the priority to suit
their opinion. :-)

The bug triaging that Stefan reported is all good, of course.
However, I'd like to suggest that a bug is only "fixed" when the fix
is on the release branch. Unfortunately, you can't always judge
whether that is the case by the comments on trac tickets: I've seen
numerous tickets marked "fixed" when the fix was only on the trunk;
I've seen that situation persist for two or more releases; and I've
seen erroneous claims that the fix was merged to release when it was
not. You really need to check the release code to see whether it is
fixed.

Regards,
-Steve