Subject: [boost] Closed for major changes; release freeze approaching
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 15:01:48

Boosters,

Per release calendar, the release branch is closed for major changes now. On next Monday,
Jan 11, the branch will be closed for all changes except by permission. What constitutes
major change is up to you, but please exercise caution with commits.

Now, I believe we have two outstanding issues:

- uuid is still not merged to release branch
- we still have issues with Boost.Test, see:
  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/198282
- release branch has 20 regressions, and 138 new failures.
  functional/hash, numeric/interval and regex are the libraries
  with regressions. I'd appreciate if maintainers of those libraries
  act on regressions, and other maintainers examine "new" failures.

-- The Release Managers,

     Beman Dawes
     Daniel James
     Eric Niebler