Subject: Re: [boost] Closed for major changes; release freeze approaching
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 05:35:10

>>> functional/hash, numeric/interval and regex are the libraries
>>> with regressions.

There's something strange going on here:

Math lib:

    mpfr_concept_check and ntl_concept_check are marked up in
expected_failures.xml (and have been since they were added - they rely on
external third party software to pass), but are still being shown as
regressions.
    test_hypergeometric_dist2 and test_hypergeometric_dist3 are failing due
to internal compiler errors in msvc-8, but strangely they compile just fine
locally. I don't really see what I can do here...

Regex lib:

    regex_timer is failing on two platforms (including vc-8) but works fine
here, and in any case there are no pertinent changes as far as I can tell.
The program output here: http://tinyurl.com/yzm2xpm suggests it ran OK to
completion, and yet it's still marked as failing, is the full build log
available somewhere?

TR1/type_traits Libs:

    Failures form vc7.1 and things that aren't supported with that
compiler - it's possible that they're work-round-able, but will mark up for
now.

John.