Subject: Re: [boost] Boost library submission (poll for interest)
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-06 11:18:50

El 06/01/2010 2:18, Bob Walters escribió:

> On Jan 5, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Ion Gazta?aga<igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I think most in-memory databases use T-trees as main containers. I plan
>> to add them as Interprocess containers for late 2010, but of course,
>> that will depend on my free time. With those containers, we could speed
>> up searches and waste less space.
>
> Would the interface remain identical to map?
> The current 'trans_map' can be revised slightly so that it would be
> a transactional wrapper for any map implementation, leaving the
> internals of storage to the implementation. Taking advantage of a
> T-tree variant would then be very easy to accomplish.

Yes, it would be identical, except that you have different iterator
validation guarantees, because a T-tree instead of nodes has arrays and
that requires some copying (or moving) when rebalancing. So iterators
might be invalidated when inserting or erasing. Is that a problem for
your library.

Best,

Ion