Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Build] Unexpected MSVC linker error
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-08 04:07:13

>I am using the boost libs that are part of the installer, i am NOT building
>them from scratch
>
> i get the same error:
>
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_40.lib'
>
> this doesn't make sense because i have most definitely added the
> "Additional Library Directories" correctly and the library itself
> correctly
>
> i tried adding the library to the "Ignore Specific Libraries" list to no
> avail

Sorry to doubt you, but that error message means what it says - no library
with that name is in your search path - double check that a library with
that specific name exists, and that the "Additional Library Directories"
path points to the actual directory containing that file, not the boost root
or something else.

HTH, John.