Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] "Ambiguous use of partial specialization" in CodeWarrior
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-08 10:22:47

Hi Kef,

> I'm using a special version of CodeWarrior for an embedded system, but
> I suspect that other versions of the software will show the problem.
> The problem is, basically, the compiler hates polygon_traits<T>.
> Here's an example from polygon_90_set_traits.hpp:
>
> [...]
Probably Luke can help you with this. I cannot.

> Since I need to get this to work, if a proper solution is not obvious,
> I'm willing to accept any kind of clumsy hack, including disabling
> parts of the library that I might not need. (I use very little of the
> Polygon library, but I have a hard time finding an alternative to the
> part I do use -- namely, finding the union of polygons while allowing
> for holes. Alternative suggestions in that area are welcome, but I
> can't use GPLed code, or code that I would need to pay a license for
> to use commercially.)
You ask for an alternative, and there is one within Boost. You might
look at Boost.Geometry, which has traits designed differently so maybe
this problem will not occur. It is not tested in CodeWarrior though.

Sources are still here
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/ggl/formal_review
and at our SVN.

It has the union for polygons with holes.

Regards, Barend