Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] "Ambiguous use of partial specialization" in CodeWarrior
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-08 10:32:30

Kef Schecter wrote:
> Most of the surrounding definitions are very similar, but only the ones
> that use polygon_traits<T> -- instead of, say, rectangle_traits<T> --
> raise errors.

Well, in that case you could try to add

  template <typename T>
  struct polygon_traits<T, gtl_no> {};

to the file polygon_traits.hpp below the lines 39ff

  template <typename T, typename enable = gtl_yes>
  struct polygon_traits {};

so that it looks similar to the definition of rectangle_traits...

(But Barend is right of course that "Probably Luke can help you with this. I cannot.". I'm sure he will, but since he is in a different time zone he probably hasn't even read your message yet.)

You could also try to compile the examples from the documentation, so that it would be clear that it is actually a problem of the library/compiler combination and not with your code itself.

Regards,
Thomas