Subject: Re: [boost] [persistent] Persistent library preview
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-11 15:54:11

Am Thursday 07 January 2010 11:14:46 schrieb Peder Holt:
> Is it feasible to implement support for setting the max_cache_size per
> type?

could you please explain your use case and why the "cache_factor" feature is
not sufficient for it?

this intuitively seemed useful to me but now I can't think of reason why I'd
want to limit the cache size per type, if I can already assign a "weight" to
each object in the cache.
on second thought it also isn't so feasible to implement. the objects in the
cache are stored in no particular order, the sweep algorithm only groups them
logarithmically by time of last access.
so there is no easy way to remove an object of a particular type. seperate
lists would have to be maintained.