Subject: Re: [boost] [release] files from previous releases
From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-15 09:58:56

Vicente Botet Escriba wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger-2 wrote:
>> Daniel James wrote:
>>> There's no consensus on the best way to merge. A lot of developers
>>> seem to be set in their ways so it's up to the individual libraries to
>>> decide how they want to manage merge. Although, life would be a lot
>>> easier if we all followed the same process.

>>> The C++ files can be left until the next release as it's too late to
>>> remove them without good reason. The documentation should be fixed
>>> though, the last merge seem to have gone wrong.
>>>
>> Not good.
>>
>> Another issue: Boost.Functional.Forward / Factory are missing from the
>> release branch. Fusion docs/examples reference them and, as Forward has
>> been factored out of Fusion, it is required for the full functionality
>> of older versions.
>>

> Boost.Functional.Forward / Factory have not yet released.

They have been added to the trunk. With the old release procedure that
would've included them into the next release. Won't bite me again.

> IMO Fusion needs to update its documentation until these are released.

Actually, that's insufficient:

The new version of that part of Fusion (which lacks what's implemented
in Forward, compared to previous versions of Fusion) has already been
merged to 'release' and is under test, right now.

However, as freeze is freeze and any decent fix requires more changes
than should happen at this point of the release, let's just call it a
known bug.

Regards,
Tobias