Subject: [boost] [boost-lists][string algo] C++0x string algo.
From: Germán Diago (germandiago_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-16 11:58:02

Hello. I'm using c++0x-enabled c++0x compiler.

I was going to use this piece of code:

typedef vector< string > split_vector_type;
        split_vector_type svec;

         split(svec, str, is_any_of(":"));

for c++0x, I shouldn't need to define a typedef to take advantage of
that. I think it would be more idiomatic
(and way easier to do) to use something like this:

auto splitrange = split(str, is_any_of(":"));

So I would like to know if it's possible to map split to a range
result by default (not a vector, maybe). And it could also
be used with a vector if you put it explicitly:

auto splitvec = split<vector<string>>(str, ....);

I think the whole library should be readapted to return by value. I've
spent some time figuring how to use the library
because of the out parameters in the arguments.

Can anyone tell me if there is any plan to change this? Or if it
should be possible? Thanks in advance.