Subject: Re: [boost] [transaction] New Boost.Transaction library under discussion
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 10:39:36

Am Monday 18 January 2010 14:09:11 schrieb vicente.botet:
> Hi Stefan, Bob,
>
> I've created in the sandbox the transaction directory
> (http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/transaction/) so we can share our
> work.

I've uploaded some code that we've discussed and/or I think needs discussion
to transaction/dev:
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/transaction/dev/

it is not meant as an initial code base for "transaction", but only for this
discussion.

basic_transaction_manager.hpp: my implementation of the TransactionManager
concept

basic_transaction.hpp: the transaction scope class, and the atomic{}retry;
macros.

transaction_manager.hpp: the (configurable) default transaction manager

basic_loc.hpp and loc.hpp: an example of a C++98 pseudo-template-alias. note
the anonymous namespace and the conversion operators in loc.hpp. I think this
technically violates the One Definition Rule but I don't think this actually
causes a problem.

exception.hpp: defines isolation_exception, with some stuff to unwind
the "nested transaction stack" up to the transaction that caused the
isolation exception.
have a look at this, all of our libraries need an exception that is a request
to the user to repeat the transaction, be it because of a MVCC failure or
because of a deadlock.

> If you don't have right access to the Boost wiki pages, please request them
> throught this ML.

I don't have wiki access. If this is connected to SVN please use my svn l/p.