Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [chrono] v0.3 New Stopwatch Feature
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 11:13:12

Christian Henning wrote:

> Vicente, sorry to bother you. But how do you exactly built chrono. I'm
> noooo expert for boost.build. A short step by step explanation could
> save me and others hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

You can see the description in
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/chrono/doc/html/boost_chrono/users_guide/getting_started.html
and
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono/libs/chrono/doc/html/boost_chrono/appendices/tests.html.

Here is the extraction:

Where to install Boost.Chrono?

*** The simple way is to decompress (or checkout from SVN) the file in your
BOOST_ROOT directory. ***

Otherwise, if you decompress in a different directory, you will need to
comment some lines, and uncomment and change others in the build/Jamfile and
test/Jamfile. Sorry for this, but I have not reached yet to write a Jamfile
that is able to work in both environments and use the BOOST_ROOT variable.
Any help is welcome.
Building Boost.Chrono

Boost.Chrono is not a header only library. You need to compile it before
use.

bjam libs/chrono/build

Building an executable that uses Boost.Chrono

In addition to link with the Boost Chrono library you need also to link with
the Boost System library.

In order to test you need to do

bjam libs/chrono/test

You can also run a specific suite of test by doing

cd libs/chrono/test
bjam common_type

bjam libs/chrono/build

Let me know if there is something is missing, and please add the command you
have used and the results when not working.

Thanks to trying to use it,
Vicente