Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] Changes to Inspection Report
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 13:06:23

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Beman Dawes wrote:

> The latest run of the trunk inspection report is up at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html
>
> Several new features have been added:
>
> * References to unknown bookmarks are now detected.
> * Duplicate bookmarks are now detected.
> * Each problem detected is reported on a separate line, to make it
> easier to work with files that have multiple problems.
>
> For example, see the errors below in the filesystem library.
>
> Comments?

One little thing I noticed is that the sorting of error locations is a
text sort, not a numeric sort by line number. For example, look at the
list of *APPLE-MACROS* warnings for libs/asio/test/write_at.cpp: the first
warning is for line 1005, and line 145 shows up later. Also, is it
possible to get line numbers for duplicate bookmarks and references to
unknown bookmarks?

-- Jeremiah Willcock