Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] More changes to Inspection Report
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-19 09:23:17

Beman Dawes wrote:

> More changes to the Inspection Report:
>
> * Line numbers are now shown when a problem is associated with a
> specific line in a file.
> * Apple macros clashes now show the specific name causing the problem.
> * Spacing is optimized so that problems without line numbers don't
> take up so much report space.
>
> See the results at http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html
>
> Thanks to everyone who commented yesterday!
>
> --Beman

HI,

Could it be possible to unify the report of
*APPLE-MACROS* calls to Apple's debugging macros in file
*M* uses of min or max that have not been protected from the min/max macros,
or unallowed #undef-s

BTW, the report use sometimes the abbreviated form *XX* and some times the
English form.
tools/build/v2/build/virtual_target.py: *Lic*
tools/build/v2/doc/development_plan.html: Unlinked file
Could this be unified?

Some times we will modify a source file (C++), then remove the
modifications, but sometimes we can left trailing white spaces and double
white lines that are not easy to view. Tis changes will made the file to be
committed the next time we commit the modified files even if these spaces
are not useful in C++ files. In addition they make a difference when we use
a diff tool, or when we merge two files, increasing the possibility of
conflicts. What about reporting trailing spaces? What about reporting double
empty lines?

Can some options be added so the inspection tool can
*EOL* replace invalid (cr only) line-ending by the correct ones.
*END* add a newline to last line of the files that doesn't ends with
*Tab* replace tabs with a given number of white spaces (default could be 8)
*Trim* remove the white spaces from the end of a line
*DBL* replace double white lines by one

Best,
Vicente