Subject: Re: [boost] boost::mpl::for_each and value_initialized
From: Peter Foelsche (peter_foelsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-20 14:13:57

"Niels Dekker - address until 2010-10-10"
<niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Do I understand correctly that you want the memset call to be skipped for
> those compiler versions that have implemented value-initialization
> entirely correctly? Do you know exactly which compiler versions do
> implement value-initialization correctly?

I'm only concerned with
boost::mpl::for_each
This function calls a function object by passing an object of the matching
type.
The contents of this object usually do not matter -- and in case they do,
the programmer can write a default constructor to initialize this object.
So there is no need in boost::mpl::for_each to call value_initialized.
Another solution would be to pass a zero pointer to an object of this type.
Anyway -- this argument is only used to select the correct template method
of the function object passed.

Peter