Subject: Re: [boost] [String Algo] error in ireplace_first or ireplace_all with std::wstring under gcc 3.4.2 (MingW)
From: Doug Swanson (dougswanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-20 12:41:33

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Although I remember reading about this issue at some point in the past,
I have used std::wstring under MingW-gcc for quite some time now with no
problems. If it were really 100% incompatible I would wish it would
give a compilation error! I wonder why it crashes under the 'ireplace'
algorithms but not the 'replace' ones -- especially since I remain
strictly within Unicode Plane 0 (basic 2-byte characters in UTF-16/UCS-2
which fit in a single wchar_t on Windows).

In any event, if you have any further insight here I would be interested
to hear it, but I suppose I will just have to change compilers. Thanks
again!