Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] More changes to Inspection Report
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 08:01:36

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Paul A. Bristow
<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> * Apple macros clashes now show the specific name causing the problem.
>
> It is clearly a nuisance for all Boost authors to avoid using the lowercase name
> 'check' - and even more to have to change code retrospectively.
>
> (It wouldn't be quite so bad of they had followed the UPPERCASE for MACROS
> convention, or if macros were namespaced).
>
> I'm sure it is too late to do anything about this now, but do we have any
> channel for Boost to send an Official Raspberry to Apple by way of complaint -
> to try (probably in vain) to reduce the risk of something like this in future.

Good question. Some companies respond best to private contacts. Others
only do anything about complaints received as formal support requests
from their registered users. Still others react mostly to negative
press coverage, or negative comments on their public support forums.

Does anyone know what seems to work with Apple developer issues?

--Beman