Subject: Re: [boost] [transaction] NewBoost.Transactionlibraryunderdiscussion
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-23 15:37:31

Am Friday 22 January 2010 19:55:07 schrieben Sie:
> > +1 for removing TransactionManager::bind() and ::has_active(), and make
> > its constructor throw if there already is a TransactionManager
> >
> > +1 to support connecting/disconnecting resources to support opening one
> > database file first and then another
>
> I have now implemented that, with one difference:
> why even construct a basic_transaction_manager when it is a singleton and
> all of its state is mutable(connecting and disconnecting resources)?

unfortunately, the answer to this question is: because
basic_transaction_manager will have a state beyond state as soon at it
maintains a distributed transaction log.
so that part will have to be reversed, so the user can construct it as we've
discussed, using e.g. the filename for the log.