Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.utility]
From: GMan (gmannickg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-26 10:43:20

Ok, so what's the point of making it impossible to instantiate more than one
class? Yeah, I get it, you don't need more than one global service; so don't
make more than one instance. My argument is that you never truly need to
*stop* the instantiation of a class.

The global wrapper would merely provide every benefit you can think of in a
singleton, without the forceful and wasteful intrusion it has.