Subject: [boost] What's wrong with top-posting?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-26 13:09:43

I thought I was familiar with the guidelines and never remembered this.

I top-post all the time. It seems much more natural to me when
it's not convenient to intersperse comments into the previous
message. Why I like top posting:

a) It means that I don't have to scroll to the bottom of a message
which is sometimes pretty long.
b) To me it is more natural to follow the style
of other communications (artilcle, books, etc) which make
their point in the main text and refer to footnotes, bibliographies,
etc at the end of the main text.

The link says no top-posting - but there is no rational for
this. What is it and why is it bad?

Robert Ramey