Subject: Re: [boost] unzip .zip file and browse to compressed files
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-27 08:44:49

2010/1/27 Andrej van der Zee <mavdzee_at_[hidden]>:

> Yeah that is what I thought, unfortunately. It would be a nice augmentation for boost file-system though, to be able to browse to compressed directories.

I'd really like that, since it would mean that all the
filesystem-touching functions (not the path decomposition ones, for
instance) would get a filesystem context. That would allow all sorts
of possibly-interesting VFS operations, like merging directories
transparently to consumers of a filesystem.

It would also help make clearer the difference between, for example, a
path simplification function that only looks at the path, and a path
canonicalization function that needs to look at the filesystem too
(for symlinks).