Subject: Re: [boost] Thread-safe singleton pattern
From: Helge Bahmann (hcb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-27 15:45:59

Hi Andrew,

Am Wednesday 27 January 2010 19:35:10 schrieb Andrew Chinkoff:
> Regards, Helge!
>
> This is the fragment of $(BOOST_ROOT)/boost/memory_order.hpp:
[...]

> My questions:
>
> 1) Where is the memory_order_consume constant? I failed to compile your
> "Double Check Singleton Pattern" sample, because it uses
> "memory_order_consume" constant.

Released versions of boost do not include it yet, but it is defined in trunk:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/boost/memory_order.hpp

You either have to manually add the definition, or checkout trunk

> 2) How soon Boost.Atomic will be included into Boost release?

Obviously not in the pending release ;-) so I have slowed down a bit. I would
however propose this for fast-path review for maybe the next release -- after
all it merely formalizes an interface for atomic operations currently
dispersed throughout the library. The real chore will however probably be
replacing all other instances of atomic variable implementations.

Best regards,
Helge