Subject: Re: [boost] Boost proposed logo was Re: C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-29 22:30:55

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Patrick Horgan <phorgan1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Patrick Horgan wrote:
>>
>>> How about:
>>>
>>> boost proposed logo
>>>
>> http://dbp-consulting.com/images/boostproposed.png
>>
>> Sorry, forgot I couldn't post images on this list, hope the link goes
>> through;)
>>

> That's alright, though I made one for cpp-netlib to address Robert's
> concerns. It's here and was a quick hack on the original PNG:
>
> http://cpp-netlib.github.com//boost.png

That's quite a bit like the first one I made, although I used alpha to
make the proposed let the boost show through, and mine didn't seem quite
so happy and excited with the exclamation points. I went to what I did
just because I didn't want to obscure the boost logo, because the goal
of the graphic design was to show the association with boost by not
obscuring it, while at the same time show that it was a tentative
association with the proposed word. I think that your is a good design
as well of course;)

Patrick