Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-30 02:47:36

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Rutger ter Borg <rutger_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>

>> You can find documentation about cpp-netlib over at
>>
>>     http://cpp-netlib.github.com/
>>
>> Thanks in advance everyone and I hope this helps!
>>

> Interesting. How does this relate, if at all, to Urdl?
>
> http://think-async.com/Urdl/doc/html/index.html
>

>From what I can see, Urdl is mainly a library for interacting with
resources over HTTP and has an optional built (linkable) library
implementation.

cpp-netlib is purely header-only, focuses on extensibility, and is
meant to implement other protocols like SMTP, FTP, among other client
and server-side implementations.

cpp-netlib also contains an embeddable HTTP server template.

It also depends on Boost.Asio but encapsulates this detail in the
implementation.

I hope this helps!

--
Dean Michael Berris
cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/deanberris