Subject: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-30 05:00:05

On Saturday 30 January 2010 07:24:06 am Patrick Horgan wrote:

I changed the subject line since we are drifting way off topic for this thread.

> Bjørn Roald wrote:
> > I think boost should have guideline for this in documentation templates
> > and guidelines and probably in the wiki. A standard set of logo designs
> > used at various stages in a proposal life-cycle may be good, I made some
> > proposal designs and uploaded to the vault as
> > logo/boost_logo_alternatives.zip
> >

> > http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=boos
> >t_logo_alternatives.zip&directory=logo&
>
> I really like what you did,

thanks,

> and I LOVE that you used GIMP. If you need
> any help converting to svn via inkscape for resizability (yes, it's a
> word--I just made it up), I'm happy to help. If not, I'm happy to cheer:)

I have used Inkscape to vectorize before. It is awesome! But if we are going
to make these scalable, then I suspect there are better starting points than
the web version of the boost logo that I had at hand. Maybe even a vector
based original. Even Inkscape has limitations.

Any opinion on the various font sizes? On my screen the smallest become fairly
blurry, but seems to still provide fair readable for randomly selected
bypassing testers. As it is a lot of anti-aliasing needed I am eager for
opinions on how it is to read and if the message is too toned downed or too
highlighted in the various logo variants?

--
Bjørn