Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: James Mansion (james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-30 16:53:19

Phil Endecott wrote:
> I have an HTTP request parser using Spirit, if you're interested. It
> is a bit grotty as I wrote it as my first exercise using Spirit - but
> it does work.
> http://svn.chezphil.org/libpbe/trunk/src/parse_http_request.cc .
Out of interest, is the parser suitable to use as a tutorial on how to
translate from RFC specs?

It would be nice to build a library of reference parsers that handle
assorted protocols. email is a very interesting one, since the standard
(and not-standard-but-in-use) variations on sender, date and time etc
are quite tricky, and I guess there is some commonality given that the
RFCs tend to reference each other. (Sort of thing I'm thinking of is the
comment parts embeddable in dates and the newlines etc).

Thanks
James