Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-31 04:23:51

On Sunday 31 January 2010 08:06:09 am Patrick Horgan wrote:

> Please review http://dbp-consulting.com/boostvariantslogo.html

Great stuff Patric. Layout is very good on all of them.

I think it is good to use the red color where attention to that part is
desired. This does not necessarily apply to the "using" and "powered by"
variants, hence blue may be better there. Just my opinion.

Other than that - the only thing that make me unhappy is, as you discuss in a
different post, the need to remove "for" in "under construction for" variant.
Only:

under construction
boost
c++ libraries

It is kind of saying all of boost is under construction - not good!

I do not know if two lines are any good for layout, so what about looking for
alternative texts first:

"designed for"
we have that, can be used but not necessarily the same meaning as it indicate
design is completed.

"in work for"
do not know if i like that

"proposal sketch for"
maybe

"library sketch for"
maybe

"proposal draft for"
maybe

"library draft for"
maybe

"preliminary proposal for"
too long

"preliminary library for"
too long ~~~
.
..

If we go with two lines, the text is much simpler -- I suggest:

----
sketch
proposal for
boost
c++ libraries

----
used for request for interest submission
----
preliminary
proposal for
boost
c++ libraries
----
used for versions prior to submission for review
----
proposal for
boost
c++ libraries
----
used for submission for review
----
accepted for
boost
c++ libraries
----
may be used for submission between accept and first release
----
boost
c++ libraries
----