Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-31 10:26:32

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > I think the original proposal comes from
> > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/01/161356.php and the
>
> Yes, I read that post, but it misses one (quite common, I believe) case,
> when the rejected library continues to live outside of Boost, with
> little or no intention to resubmit the review. It is still designed to
> fit into Boost infrastructure, so I don't think that "powered by" or
> "using" variants are adequate.

Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to split one of the use cases into many logos with different meanings. Perhaps one "draft for boost" logo would be enough, so it would be clear that the library is somehow associated with boost, but not an accepted boost library. And a rejected library can just keep using that "draft for boost" logo, if it wants to. There might be more than one logo for that use case (like "powered by" and "using" for the other use case), but there would be no difference in the intended meaning of these logos.

Regards,
Thomas