Subject: [boost] [serialization] basic_binary_oarchive.hpp asserts are no longer necessary
From: Number Cruncher (number.cruncher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-03 09:38:04

I've just tried building my code against 1.42 and am encountering
numerous warnings of the sort:

boost/archive/basic_binary_oarchive.hpp:95: warning: comparison is
always true due to limited range of data type

I've checked the difference to the 1.41 release and noticed that
boost/archive/basic_archive.hpp now uses BOOST_ARCHIVE_STRONG_TYPEDEF
for class_id_type etc. and uses int_least16_t rather than "int". This is
causing my GCC 4.1.2 compiler to produce the above warning because the
assertion "t.t <=
boost::integer_traits<boost::int_least16_t>::const_max" is always true
when t.t *is* an int_least16_t

The attached patch removes the (now redundant) asserts.