Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial orunreleased boost documentation
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-04 18:08:26

On 4 February 2010 22:02, Nelson, Erik - 2
<erik.l.nelson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if my experience is typical, but I've seen a number of
> projects that used the boost logo because the developers had aspirations
> to be included in a boost release.  I never had much trouble telling
> what was "official" boost, though... if it was in the release off the
> boost website, I concluded it was boost... otherwise, not.

It might be better to start something separate, to bring together
anything which follows the STL/Boost style. There's no need for it to
be officially blessed or as formal as Boost, just a good way to find
C++ libraries that will hopefully work well together.

Daniel