Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-06 17:24:17

Stewart, Robert wrote:

... all elisions by patrick...
> It seems like we're fairly close. We know what the original logo means. We agree that "powered by" is suitable for use by applications and libraries that use Boost and are willing to advertise as much.
I'm pretty sure we've agreed on "proposed for" as well, no?
> One open question is whether we need a third logo for libraries being developed with the intent to submit to Boost for review and, if so, what it should say. There's also the question of whether a logo is needed for libraries developed to interoperate with Boost without intention of becoming part of Boost. I had hoped that "for use with" would satisfy both of the latter uses.

> Perhaps a good first step, if nothing better appears soon, is to add "powered by" and "for use with" and use them for a while as I've described.
And proposed for?

After that, the next issue is:
o what pngs are generated by default from the svg, i.e. what pixel width
(small medium large?)
o where in the tree do they go, (I assume near the current logo)
o how to make them available. The "POWERED BY" logo should probably be
easily available from www.boost.org. The others can probably live in
the source tree because the people that use them will probably have
boost as source
o documentation for setting up the documentation for a project will need
to change.

Patrick