Subject: Re: [boost] embedded_vector
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 08:54:54

>> See also here for a lib in the review queue:
>>
>> http://www.cs.aau.dk/~nesotto/boost/trunk/libs/auto_buffer/doc/html/index.html#auto_buffer.motivation
>
> thanks.
> which reminds me, it's the middle of february and there has not been a
> single review this year, even though the queue is longer than ever and
> there are multiple libraries with review managers.
> why is that?

last year, there were 6 reviews, the current review queue contains 24
libraries, and some libraries (e.g. boost.atomic) haven't even been
added to the queue, yet ... so enough work for the next 4 years

if a library like boost.atomic is reviewed in 4 years, it could be
obsolete, since hopefully most compilers will provide c++0x atomics by
that time :(

otherwise, maybe unofficial/unsupported boost packages with libraries
from the review queue could be provided?

tim

--
tim_at_[hidden]
http://tim.klingt.org