Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 18:10:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stewart, Robert" <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:26 PM

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>> I had managed to stay away from this conversation... But
>
> I was surprised.
>
>> would it not be
>> much simpler to just not use the Boost logo? As in make your
>> own logo to use like Spirit, and others have done.
>
> That requires that a programmer have graphical ability. Besides, as has been noted, I believe the new library template uses the official logo.

Hi,

For Boost.STM Justin created a variation of the offical log

Toward
   Boost
     STM
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/stm/boost.png

I have taken the same approach for some of my own libraries

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/async/boost.png
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/bitfield/boost.png
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/conversion/boost.png
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/interthreads/boost.png
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/synchro/boost.png

Making a variation of a logo doesn't requires too much graphical abilities. Maybe "Toward Boost XXX" could be considerd for libraries working towards an accepted Boost library.

When I see the docs on the sandbox the "Toward Boost XXX" appears. If I move the docs to the Boost repository the Official Boost logo appears.

Best,
Vicente