Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 20:25:41

Gottlob Frege wrote:
>> "unofficial extension (addon) for [boost]"? "for extension of [boost]"? "complement for [boost]"? "addition (addendum) to [boost]"?
>>

> "complements" Boost might work.

compliments boost is nice too:) I have to say that I'm glad that we're
getting more voices into the discussion. I had a friend recently on
another list tell me that he didn't like that I had pulled his offline
comment on something from the list back on to the list. He was afraid
that he'd be wrong or stupid or something. I told him that the nature
of brainstorming is that you throw out a LOT of silly/wrong/bizarre
things to free up everyone's thinking and creativity, and THEN maybe the
magic happens. "FOR USE WITH" doesn't get me all excited, but it fits
the criteria, it works. Nothing else has so far (including several that
I came up with). BUT that doesn't mean that they aren't good, people
reading them think about what they like about them and what doesn't
work, and then a flash of inspiration happens--so throw so more out!

Patrick