Subject: [boost] [property_tree] Proposal for Boost.Property_Tree put function
From: Andrew Hundt (ath_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-12 15:53:33

I have been using the boost::property_tree in one of our products, and
have become frustrated by an inconsistency between two of the
convenience functions.

The basic_ptree get function allows the specification of a separate
delimiter when specifying the path, such as:
pt.get<float>('/', "p.a.t.h/t.o/v.a.l.u.e");

However, there is no similar way to call put to place the same value as
follows:

pt.put('/', "p.a.t.h/t.o/v.a.l.u.e", 3.14f);

I would like propose the addition of functions to allow consistency
between the use of get and put functions.

The basic use of these functions is described in
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost_propertytree/accessing.html

Are there any thoughts or comments?

Regards,
Andrew Hundt