Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] Contract Programming Library
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-13 09:44:12

Hello Andrzej,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Andrzej Krzemienski <akrzemi1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I would be very interested in trying such a library. I have one

I am updating the documentation then I will release the library on
SourceForge (as Contract++ not as Boost.Contract) for everyone to try
it. I hope I will receive feedback!

> it is inevitable, etc., but.. read on. I know at least one library in
> Boost that also spoils function declarations in order to provide
> additional functionality: Concept Check library; they may be others
> too (MPL?).
> My suggestion is that if there are (or will be) libraries that require
> spoiling function declarations, they should all provide the same
> "spoiled" syntax. Otherwise I will be always asking "how do I declare
> a function in this library?". It would be very convenient if Boost
> provided one alternative function definition syntax that when used
> would enable all its libraries to work.

I agree. However, in the past I did look into harmonizing my library
API with the ones of Boost.ConceptCheck and/or Boost.Parameter but it
did not seem feasible... I will double check it.

Regards,
Lorenzo