Subject: Re: [boost] "Software Development using the C++ Boost Library", book in preparatiion
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-15 08:45:54

Daniel J. Duffy wrote:

> Some applications that we discuss in the book are:
>

> Using Lambda to simplify use of STL algorithms

Lamba is more or less deprecated in favor of Phoenix.

> Using Bind and Function to semi-discretise partial differential equations (PDE)

How does Function help here?

> Compile-time arrays and matrices using Array
>
> Using multi_array to model n-dimensional PDEs
>
> uBLAS as data structures for numerical algebra

A bit disappointing to not see more on data structures, which are
usually general topics that speak to everyone.

MultiIndex is a powerful toolbox that can be used to have features
similar to that of a database, for example.

The intrusive containers can also be very interesting from my own
experience with embedded systems.