Subject: Re: [boost] "Software Development using the C++ Boost Library", book in preparatiion
From: Daniel J. Duffy (dduffy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-16 04:42:57

Thanks for all the feedback till now. Some of my comments are;

1. Intrusive containers: to be honest I just did not realise it had all this extensive functionality for tree structures. The name conjured up other associations.
2. Regex: it will be boost-specific and some knowledge of regular expresssion theory is assumed. The String Algo is also useful.
3. Spirit: an example that takes the reader from A-Z in a few(?) pages would be great. I have looked at Spirit but not studied it yet. A good example would be creating and parsing payoff functions in finance A tutorial example in my opinion would be great to show how this major library can be used for some specific examples.
4. Phoenix: this does not seem to be part of the boost distribution? The Lambda part is compact.

Regards

Daniel