Subject: Re: [boost] boost 1.42 - compile toolsset=intel-linux with fPIC
From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-16 11:46:51

Sören Freudiger wrote:
> Some of our guys have to link because of certain reasons against the static libs from boost and obtain the error boost should be compiled with turned on fPIC flag...

If you build an executable that will dynamically load (with dlopen)
shared libraries, then all of its code, including whatever it gets from
static libraries, has to be compiled and linked with -fPIC. This leads
us to compile and link all of our code, including boost libraries, with
-fPIC.

--
Dick Hadsell			203-992-6320  Fax: 203-992-6001
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]