Subject: Re: [boost] Formal review request: static size matrix/vector linear algebra library (Boost) LA
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-18 14:56:48

Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM, joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>> and maybe adaptor somewhere ?
>>
>> I think the word "generic" fits that aspect of the library better than
>> adaptor does.
>>

> How about GVMM (Generic Vector and Matrix Math), which could be
> pronounced like gum.

It started to seem to me that the word Generic used for Boost
libraries has become redundant. Genericity of a library is a very
important aspect being verified during reviews, so perhaps it's correct
to assume all libraries accepted to Boost are generic (or at least as
generic as feasible to achieve for particular problem/domain).

Best regards,

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net